We are delighted to announce that we are now an official CO.ZA Accredited Registrar.
Having scaled the technical and financial requirements for gaining this status, DigiServ is poised to offer the best value to its existing customers and potential customers, under the new domain system that has been implemented by the CO.ZA registry.
South Africa's only registrar, UniForum SA, now comply along with an international standard for domain administration known as Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP). This is a major improvement in the CO.ZA namespace.
There are numerous benefits to you such as:
- Instant domain registrations
- No longer a 24 hour delay on transfers, contact details or nameserver updates; all updates are processed in real-time
- The annual renewal of your domain is processed in real-time at the registry
- Increased security and peace of mind dealing with only accredited registrars
- Full control of your own domain through your Client Area; update contact information and nameservers instantly.
- The WHOIS record (public contact details) for domains are now simpler and easy to understand
- Cheaper domain registration costs
To experience all these wonderful benefits, we need to start a process known as the Legacy Transfer Procedure. As there is no connection between the new EPP system and the old Legacy system, a manual transfer of every co.za domain name has to take place.
We will commence the process of issuing these updates to your co.za domain names that you have registered with us, on Monday the 3rd of September 2012. During this process you will receive an email from the registrar with a subject line similar to this:
COZA-Xfer: TICKET REPLY REQUEST: "YOURDOMAIN.co.za" on hold for Legacy Transfer
Do Not Panic! Please accept the transfer and do not decline it. If you are not sure what to do, simply ignore the email or forward it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
No downtime or interruptions to your service will occur during the transfer process. The process is also entirely free.
To check the status of your domain name and to find out if you use the Legacy system or EPP, simply do a normal WHOIS on your domain name at http://co.za/whois.shtml - if most of the fields are missing, you are now on the new EPP system and can make use of the domain control features in your Client Area. If most of your details are still displayed, your domain is still in the process of being transferred.
Any queries can be emailed to us via email@example.com or by opening a support ticket here.
Friday, August 24, 2012