These instructions are designed to provide information on how to properly configure your POP e-mail account in Outlook Express 5.
NOTE: Please make sure you've created your e-mail account and password in your control panel first.
1. To begin, open Outlook Express and select Tools > Accounts from the top navigation bar. The window below appears:
2. Click on the Add button. Enter your name the way you want it to appear to other people when other people get email messages from you. Click Next.
3. Enter your full email address. Example: email@example.com [Hint: E-mail addresses aren't case sensitive and don't contain spaces.] Click Next.
4. Configure your E-Mail Server Names.
5. Configure your Internet Mail Logon
6. You should receive the screen below. Click Finish to save your new settings.
7. Your Outlook Express account has been set up. Click Close to exit the set up process. You're ready to send/receive e-mail.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE! Due to a limitation in Outlook Express 5.0, you may need to do a manual receive first when trying to connect to your mail account. If you don't, you may get a relaying denied message when you try to send mail. This is a limitation of Outlook Express 5.0 only and doesn't occur in newer versions of Outlook Express. To manually check mail, click the Send/Receive dropdown menu item and perform a manual receive. Then you can do a normal send/receive.
[HINT! Did you know Outlook Express can send/receive e-mail for multiple accounts? Repeat these steps to configure multiple accounts]