Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2003
First, you need to add the mail account to your control panel. Once you have added the mail account, you can continue setting up your Outlook for mail access.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook 2003
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
- Your Name
- Enter your first and last name. This name will display to readers of your e-mail messages.
Example: Jane Smith
- E-mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address. (this must be configured in the your control panel first).
- User Name
- Enter your e-mail address, again.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account (the one you used when you created the mail account in your control panel), and then select the check box "Remember password".
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Your incoming server is mail.yourdomain.com, where "yourdomain.com" is the name of your domain.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Enter mail.yourdomain.com for your outgoing mail server, where "yourdomain.com" is the name of your domain.
Click "More Settings."
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.